lgpiper

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas
Jules Verne
The Spirit of the Border
Zane Grey
Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
Beverly Cleary
The Underground Man (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)
Ross Macdonald
Ross Macdonald
Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace

Wild Wives

Wild Wives - Charles Willeford I'm not sure why this was called Wild Wives. There's only a single "wild wife" in the book. Also a somewhat wild teenager. Whatever, this is pure pulp, so don't expect things to make too much sense.

Jacob Blake is a P.I. Florence Weintraub comes to see him to get help in escaping, for a time, from her "father", who is overly controlling. It's not easy, as there are a couple of body guards to avoid. Eventually, there is some success and they go off drinking and stuff together a time or two. Eventually, Jacob learns that Florence is a wife, not a daughter.

Then, there's Barbara Ann Allen (Bobby) who wants to be a P.I. herself, so she tries to get Jacob to give her a job. He gives her a fake one, and she retaliates, calling the police in on him and so forth.

Just pulp, something to while away the time between naps, but actually, half decent pulp.