lgpiper

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas
Jules Verne
The Spirit of the Border
Zane Grey
Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
Beverly Cleary
The Underground Man (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)
Ross Macdonald
Ross Macdonald
Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace

Strangers on a Train

Strangers on a Train - Patricia Highsmith I managed to slog through about 11% of this book. It's really not very interesting. Two dull young men meet on a train and eventually began to complain about their mutual problems. One has a spouse who sleeps around and is now pregnant with someone else's child, but not much interested in giving a divorce. The other is the wastrel son of a rich man who hates his father because said father won't come across with a huge, unwarranted settlement. Something like that. So, they begin to plan the perfect murder scenario, one where each murders the object of hate of the other, but having no motive, and having the one who does have a motive well out of town, they should be able to get off scott free...or something.

I dunno, if I want to read about muddle headed assholes with a sense of entitlement, I can read the news.