lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Joy Luck Club

The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan A story about four Chinese women and their daughters. The women were all born in China and grew up there. Their daughters were all born in America. How were they different, how the same? How did they intrinsically understand each other and how not? Along the way, we learn something about the culture of China back in the day, i.e. 1930s and 1940s.