lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Spider, Master of Men! #40: Dictator of the Damned

The Spider, Master of Men! #40: Dictator of the Damned - Grant Stockbridge, Emile C. Tepperman Kind of like reading a super-hero comic book. Fancy literature this is definitely not. On the other hand, it's not all that bad if all you want is good guys and bad guys shooting each other up, and the good guys winning in the end.

So, somebody is taking over New York City. Several chiefs of police have been murdered or locked up in insane asylums. Ditto a couple of mayors. Thus it become imperative that the Spider, once again patrol the streets and clean things up. The Spider had other ideas, such as marrying his sweetheart and going off on a honeymoon, but eventually the call of duty prevails. So, aided by his trusty "servants" (the Spider was actually a rich guy with servants), a Sikh and a former pugilist (? too lazy to check back), the Spider wipes out the bad guys and restores law and order to NYC. The restoration involves much shooting and mayhem.

FWIW, this book is listed as having zero pages because my ebook was based on a long-lost pulp. So, not being able to cross check the pulp, we're required, I'm told, to say the book has zero length. In reality, it's about 41,000 words, which would work out to something like 120 pp.