lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz  - L. Frank Baum My 3.6-year-old buddy, Anderson, has suddenly become entranced by a video story about "Dorothy Ann" (that's his take). I think the part that he likes best is the tornado that blows away the house from the prairies of Kansas, for he is rather enamored by tornadoes and cyclones and the like. But he has watched the animated video through...many times. So, I bethought to read the original book.

I must say The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is rather a delight. I have, of course, seen the movie a number of times. Many of the scenes in the book seemed familiar, some not so much.

The language is fairly simple and straightforward, but not without little amusing jokes thrown in for us older folks. The scenes are well described, but not overly so. The characterization is true and sensible. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is indeed a GoodRead for folks of all ages.