lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Lover's Vows

Lover's Vows - Elizabeth Inchbald Like almost everyone else in the world, I only read this play because it figures strongly in the plot of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. The play is a bit silly and moralistic for readers more than two centuries removed from its origination. I think, however, it might work today if produced as a kind of farce. In my mind, I'm trying to cast my favorite local thespians in the various parts. Alas, one of the best of them, Hugh Metzler, has passed on.

Still, it does treat, as does Mansfield Park, the very real problems that exist when one's wealth and position lead them to bend moral laws to their own venal pursuits. Once again, we see a facet of the absolute evil inherited wealth regularly sponsors.