lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

The Country of the Pointed Firs

The Country of the Pointed Firs - Sarah Orne Jewett Sarah Orne Jewett is a beautiful writer. Not a whole lot of action happens in this gem. You just follow the life of a woman who decided to summer in a small fishing village in Southeastern Maine. As time goes along, the woman meets the local characters and involves herself in local life. Not exciting stuff, perhaps, but very interesting and compelling reading. I found it rather amusing that the people in such places more than a century ago talked fondly of the "good old days" and how things have changed, but likely not for the better. And so it goes....