lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Strong Poison

Strong Poison - Dorothy L. Sayers Although this is the sixth Wimsey mystery, it's the first in which Harriet Vane appears. The book begins with Harriet Vane on trial for having poisoned her ex-lover. Pretty much every one is convinced of her guilt, but not Lord Peter Wimsey. Wimsey decides to see that she gets off, not merely in a technical acquittal, but in the only way that will not leave a shadow over her for the rest of her life, i.e. finding the actual culprit.

This is a good story with lots of well-drawn characters. I've long been a fan of Dorothy Sayers. She's so much better than Agatha Christie because her characters come to life as real people. Christie merely provides manikins to effect her intricate plot lines.