lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Strong Poison

Strong Poison - Dorothy L. Sayers Although this is the sixth Wimsey mystery, it's the first in which Harriet Vane appears. The book begins with Harriet Vane on trial for having poisoned her ex-lover. Pretty much every one is convinced of her guilt, but not Lord Peter Wimsey. Wimsey decides to see that she gets off, not merely in a technical acquittal, but in the only way that will not leave a shadow over her for the rest of her life, i.e. finding the actual culprit.

This is a good story with lots of well-drawn characters. I've long been a fan of Dorothy Sayers. She's so much better than Agatha Christie because her characters come to life as real people. Christie merely provides manikins to effect her intricate plot lines.