lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

A Time to Kill

A Time to Kill - John Grisham This was an ok book. I wish we could give half stars. I'd give it a 3+ then, or perhaps a 4-. Not great literature, but an ok read.

I didn't much like the main character and I had problems with the naked racism of virtually everyone. I can't believe the 'n' word was still acceptable in the 1980s, but what do I know?

The book does pose a problem that is worth pondering, what kinds of egregious abuses will make it ok to take the law into one's own hands? In theory, the law should be sufficient, but as we know, such is not always the case. Hell, we now have a SCOTUS justice openly taking bribes from political interest groups (technically, it's his spouse who is getting oodles of cash from those groups). Can you trust such a person to be impartial? I don't. Neither could you trust white people in the US south to be impartial in judging white-against-black violence.