lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Thin Man

The Thin Man - Dashiell Hammett I have a vague recollection of having seen a Thin Man movie back when I was a kid. So I wanted to read the original. It is pretty good. Basically it seems that the author meticulously copied his style from the character, Guy Noir, from Garrison Keillor (obviously the other way 'round). What I learned from the book is that Asta is a miniature schnauzer (not wirehaired fox terrier as in the movie) and that the "thin man" wasn't a reference to Nick Charles, but to the guy Nick Charles was trying to find, an inventor of some kind.