lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

The Thin Man

The Thin Man - Dashiell Hammett I have a vague recollection of having seen a Thin Man movie back when I was a kid. So I wanted to read the original. It is pretty good. Basically it seems that the author meticulously copied his style from the character, Guy Noir, from Garrison Keillor (obviously the other way 'round). What I learned from the book is that Asta is a miniature schnauzer (not wirehaired fox terrier as in the movie) and that the "thin man" wasn't a reference to Nick Charles, but to the guy Nick Charles was trying to find, an inventor of some kind.