lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Black Boy

Black Boy - Richard Wright, Jerry W. Ward Jr. This was a difficult book to read. Not because of the writing, the writing was excellent. But because of the subject matter. I don't think I realized quite how bad things were in the south for our black brothers and sisters. I've read Uncle Tom's Cabin and the Autobiography of Frederick Douglass, and a few other things, but the sheer depravity with which white people treated black people wasn't quite so painfully described.

Everyone should read this book. It's only been a generation since the civil right's era, and if anyone really thinks racism can be obliterated in one generation, they're drinking a strange kool aid.