lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Bobby Of Cloverfield Farm

Bobby Of Cloverfield Farm - Helen Fuller Orton This is a book for children that came out in 1922. It describes the culture in which our grandparents grew up, a time our political parties like to invoke as the essence of American, but a time which is long past. Basically, it is a number of little stories about the life of a small boy growing up on a farm. Although I gave it 4 stars, one should take that rating in context. This is not Dickens or Willa Cather by any stretch of the imagination. But as a book for children, which gives them a flavor of the past and which evokes many cultural references still common today, it is quite good. Helen Fuller Orton was one of my favorite authors back in third grade. Her writing is simple and clear.