lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Sputnik Sweetheart

Sputnik Sweetheart - Haruki Murakami, Philip Gabriel As usual, this was quite good. Perhaps not so good as some other works by Murakami, but awesome none the less. Again it mixes mundane reality with unreality.

A young man has a friend, Sumire, who falls in love with a married woman. Sumire begins to work for the woman and they go to a Grecian Island together (not for a tryst, the married woman is totally uninterested in physical relationships of any kind). As some point, Sumire vanishes, like smoke.

There are lots of musings about life and various people's relationships with each other, about dreams and reality, about what's real and unreal.