lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Cinnamon Kiss

Cinnamon Kiss - Walter Mosley Interestingly, this book takes up where the previous one I had read left off. So, we're still in the 1960s, 1966 to be exact. The LA cops are still hideously racist, as seem to be most other white people in the story. I wonder if things have improved in the ensuing 40+ years? I read this book as an escape from the horrors of Native Son. It's actually an interesting yarn and includes hippies in this one. Hippies were just getting under way in those days, although I didn't actually know about them until a year or two later, when I was in grad school in Cambridge, MA.