lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Cinnamon Kiss

Cinnamon Kiss - Walter Mosley Interestingly, this book takes up where the previous one I had read left off. So, we're still in the 1960s, 1966 to be exact. The LA cops are still hideously racist, as seem to be most other white people in the story. I wonder if things have improved in the ensuing 40+ years? I read this book as an escape from the horrors of Native Son. It's actually an interesting yarn and includes hippies in this one. Hippies were just getting under way in those days, although I didn't actually know about them until a year or two later, when I was in grad school in Cambridge, MA.