lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

King Solomon's Mines

King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard Not a bad book. It is an adventure with the bwana-big-game-hunter-white-man's-burden types of Brits, shooting their way through Africa in search of a long-lost diamond mine said to have been originally mined by King Solomon from Old Testament fame. It was fun enough, but I got a bit tired of the racism, which I understand is a reflection of the times in which the book was written. It also seemed to me that the Brits weren't really all that bright in some ways, such as going on a 120-mile trek across the desert with only 5 pints of water each. WTF? Any marginally competent boy scout would know that won't work. I like a veneer of plausibility in my books. This was seriously lacking in some parts.