lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Fear Itself

Fear Itself - Walter Mosley This is the second of Mosley's Fearless Jones books. Actually, the main character, or narrator at least, is a guy named Paris Minton, whose only interest in life is reading books. He has a small second-hand book store in which he sits reading all day. Well, he would sit reading all day, except occasionally his friend, Fearless, shows up and embroils him in some kind of improbably adventures. It's a fun read, mostly. The commentary on the race issues the characters had to live with in the 1950s are rather saddening. Even more saddening is that things have changed so little. Young black men still can't trust the cops or other authorities.