lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Bulldog Drummond

Bulldog Drummond - Sapper A British WWI vet gets bored and places an ad in the paper asking for adventure. A beautiful young woman answers the ad and gets Drummond involved in rather a mess. This is pretty much like Hardy Boys for adults. Lots of action that isn't very well thought out before hand. The protagonist is constantly in danger of being snuffed out, but the bad guys keep putting off his demise, which allows him to escape continually, only to get back into danger a short time later. It's all rather silly, but makes for ok, if mindless, reading.