lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Tailor Of Gloucester

The Tailor Of Gloucester - Beatrix Potter My spouse came home from a week in New Hampshire "worn to a raveling". Now, from whence comes that phrase? Well, Google says it's from The Tailor of Gloucester, so naturally, we had to hunt through our mouldering collection of Beatrix Potter books to read it. And so we have.

Basically it's the tale of an old guy with spectacles and crooked fingers—kinda like me—who must prepare a waistcoat for the Mayor's Christmas Day wedding. He gets all the cloth cut and set out, but he has "no more twist", something needed for button holes. Then, because he is worn to a raveling, he gets sick. So what happens? Well read it yourself. It's a rather short, but GoodRead, after all, it has a cat and many sweet little mice in it.