lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

White Face (Detective Sgt.

White Face (Detective Sgt. - Edgar Wallace Pretty much a classic Edagar Wallace thingie. The plot is convoluted, the characters come and go. We have some kind of criminal who shows up at restaurants with a white mask covering his face. He robs people and disappears. We have a medical doctor who takes care of poor people. We have a lovely young woman who has a bit of money who helps the doctor. She has a suitor, of sorts, who is a journalist. Then, there are some people who seem to have had some shady interactions back in South Africa and Australia.

Sadly, I didn't write about this when the story was fresh in my mind, so I can't provide much by way of details. It hardly matters. Edgar Wallace was once wildly popular, and I don't see why that still isn't the case. He plots very interesting, and garish, story lines.