lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

The Dew Breaker

The Dew Breaker - Edwidge Danticat This primarily reads like a collection of short stories, but they are linked with some common characters appearing in several of the episodes. Basically, it describes incidents in the lives of Haitian immigrants in the U.S., and, in some cases, describes their lives in Haiti prior to their immigration, or in one case, on a return trip.

The book was the "One Read" book for Bunker Hill CC this past year, and even though BHCC gave me the boot several years ago, I was interested in reading what they thought would be useful for their students. It probably would have helped me when I did teach. I did have a student who came from Haiti. As I recall, he made a rather beautiful web site about his home country.