lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Moominpappa at Sea

Moominpappa at Sea - Tove Jansson, Kingsley Hart After several "difficult" books, I figured it was time to revisit the Moomins. Sadly, this will be my last visit with them for a while, I plucked the last two Moomin books from the children's shelves in our library, and there won't be anymore for me to enjoy.

Anyway, in this book, it seems that Moominpappa is getting bored in Moomin Valley. He also has dreams of a lighthouse. Something like that. So he packs Moominmamma, Mommintroll and LittleMy into his boat, The Adventure, and heads out to sea. Eventually, they find the lighthouse. The lighthouse keeper seems to be missing. All they find is an old fisherman who doesn't communicate much. The island appears to have a life of its own—e.g. stones and trees move about—and it takes them all quite some time to figure things out.

I'm not sure this is at the level of the other Moomin books I've read, but it got better as I went along. Probably better because the writing can be lyrical in parts, the action mystical, and the Moomins adorable. Rather fun.