lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Rebel Raider

Rebel Raider - H. Beam Piper This book is essentially a hagiographic portrayal of the exploits of a Confederate military adventurer, John Singleton Mosby. Basically, Mosby ran a guerrilla operation in Virginia wherein he attacked and plundered the supply lines of the Union armies.

I didn't find this book particularly well written or interesting. It was basically a listing of this happened, then this, then this, then.... Perhaps if the hero weren't a guy who was killing and plundering people merely for the right to enslave, beat, rape, and kill black people for fun and profit, I might have had more sympathy for him. In terms of merely military tactics, Mosby's story might be vaguely interesting to people who like that kind of thing. I'm not one of them by a long shot.

The 3*s should have a - (minus) appended. I'm not even sure that this book makes more interesting reading than the work of another Piper I've come across, Further Observations of the Nitrogen Orange Afterglow, or yet another Piper I know who has written a novel or two.