lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Lucy Gayheart

Lucy Gayheart - Willa Cather Another lovely novel by Willa Cather. This is about a young woman, Lucy Gayheart, who was rather a vibrant presence in the small Nebraska town where she grew up. Then she moved to Chicago to further her piano studies. She becomes the rehearsal accompanist for a famous singer, Clement Sebastian, and eventually becomes totally infatuated with him. Perhaps, also, he with her.

Like all Cather books, there are lots of observations regarding the lives of ordinary people. Not lots of action, but beautiful, straight-forward writing and clear observation on the human condition.