lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Little Sister

The Little Sister - Raymond Chandler Quite a good book. It deals with Hollywood types and the drifters and grifters who orbit them, sputnik sweethearts, so to speak. An interesting side light for me was that the "little sister" who came out to Hollywood and involved Philip Marlowe in the ensuing mess was from Manhattan, Kansas. I lived in Manhattan for two years. Never met a prissy, overly prim type while I was there, but perhaps I wasn't paying attention. Or perhaps they'd all left between the time Chandler was relating and the time I was there, writing my "best selling" (i.e. most cited) paper.