lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Alan Quartermain

Alan Quartermain - H. Rider Haggard This is a sequel to King Solomon's Mines. I enjoyed the first half of King Solomon rather much, so downloaded this book before I realized that King Solomon had a number of blemishes. This has some as well. In fact, I found it rather tedious after a while.

This is an adventure story of some British, Victorian adventurers blundering around in Africa. They get swept up in an underground river and end up in an isolated kingdom of white people, deep within the heart of Africa. They get involved in the religious and political intrigues of the whites, have battles and so forth. It's not bad, just got a bit tedious.

To his credit, Haggard has a number of interesting observations on the human condition. So, if I weren't bored with wars, killing, and white racism, I might consider reading more of this works.