lgpiper

Envy of Angels
Matt Wallace
The Fellowship of the Frog
Edgar Wallace
Code of Conduct (The Jani Kilian Chronicles Book 1)
Kristine Smith
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton

Youth and the Bright Medusa

Youth and the Bright Medusa - Willa Sibert Cather This book is a collection of short stories that Willa Cather published in various periodicals between 1905 and 1920. Four of them, I believe, had previously appeared in an earlier short-story collection, The Troll Garden. With one exception, the stories are about the lives of various artists, mostly female singers, but include one painter, one sculptor, and indirectly, one composer. The stories are written in Cather's calm, but realistic, style. She doesn't much romanticize things, but shows life as it is. Cather is a true gem and I should be ashamed of myself for not having discovered her some half century ago.