lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Youth and the Bright Medusa

Youth and the Bright Medusa - Willa Sibert Cather This book is a collection of short stories that Willa Cather published in various periodicals between 1905 and 1920. Four of them, I believe, had previously appeared in an earlier short-story collection, The Troll Garden. With one exception, the stories are about the lives of various artists, mostly female singers, but include one painter, one sculptor, and indirectly, one composer. The stories are written in Cather's calm, but realistic, style. She doesn't much romanticize things, but shows life as it is. Cather is a true gem and I should be ashamed of myself for not having discovered her some half century ago.