lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Playmates

Playmates - Robert B. Parker The last Parker book I read, I can't remember the name, didn't interest me much, so I figured I'd never read another. But, this book was lying in a pile on the bedroom floor, and my spouse wants the pile sent to the church fair. Well, I should read it before recycling it, huh? So that's what I did.

I found this book to be rather engaging. Sure, there was all the annoying cutsey flippancy and wearying, adolescent sexual innuendo, which are the primary reasons I'm not much interested in Parker books in general. But the book dealt with the cesspool of college sports, specifically college basketball quite well. Hey, it's "March Madness" time, so all the more reason to be reading this. Anyway, I thought it treated the subject reasonably well. I may actually break down and read another Parker book one of these days.