lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Raylan

Raylan - Elmore Leonard This book seems a bit of a mishmash of several stories, all involving a US Marshall named Raylan Givens. Apparently, there is a TV series about this guy. The stories were mildly interesting. Raylan grew up a sho 'nuff hillbilly coal miner in Eastern Kentucky, but left for a better life, so to speak. The first bit involves his dealing with some hill folks who grow and deal in Marijuana, but who have moved on to harvesting kidneys to sell to people. Then we morph into a story about a college senior who has turned into a pro poker player. It's all a bit on the quirky side, but makes for an ok yarn. A hundred years from now, people will still read Dickens, but Leonard will be long forgotten. Not such a terrible fate, it's the fate that follows most of us.