lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Blonde Faith

Blonde Faith - Walter Mosley One characteristic of a good book is that the author makes you care about the protagonist. One reason Great Expectations is so good is that you care deeply about Pip's adventures. "Oh no", you say, "what's going to happen to Pip?" And so you read on, fully engaged in Pip's life.

So too, it would seem with Walter Mosley's character Easy Rawlins. By mere chance, I got two Easy Rawlins' books to take on vacation, and again by chance, they followed in chronological order. After I finished the second book, I just had to find the third: "oh no, what's going to happen between Easy and Bonnie?"

So, I read this book to find out. Along the way, we have all kinds of musing about race issues, the Vietnam war, the fragility of life, etc. This, like its two previous siblings, was a good read.

Wikipedia indicates this book to be the last one published in this series, so I can ask what happens next, but I won't actually know anytime in the near future, perhaps never.