lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

Death Comes for the Archbishop

Death Comes for the Archbishop - Willa Cather I had to re-read this so I could give it back to Michael. I also promised him I'd do penance by giving him a copy of RLP's Turtles All the Way Down. I have a couple extra copies of that.

This book is in essence a series of short stories built around the life of a French Catholic missionary bishop who was sent from Ohio to New Mexico, shortly after the U.S. annexed New Mexico and Arizona from the Mexicans.
----------------------------------

Sorry my review is so sketchy. I hadn't realized I'd not written more about this book. It's now been two years, and I'm not likely to get my details straight if I try to write something lengthier and more coherent. Suffice to say that, like all Willa Cather books, this book is most excellent.