lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Man in My Basement

The Man in My Basement - Walter Mosley An African American young man, Charles Blakey, who comes from an old Long Island Family dating back before the Revolution, finds he's broke and takes a boarder into his basement, a white man, Anniston Bennet, who wished to be jailed in the basement to atone for his sins. Or something like that.

They have many discussions, which I think might be deep, but I found them mostly confusing. Along the way, Blakey gets himself together and stops being such a useless person, or something. I'm not sure this kind of Mosley is appropriate for vacation reading. As usual, however, Mosley keeps reminding me that I don't know a damn thing about the lives of African Americans, and should be very wary of the stereotypes one gets from our racist, and generally lazy, news sources.