lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -  Arthur Conan Doyle This was the first of the Sherlock Holmes books available through Amazon. It is a series of short stories, and begins in the middle of the Holmes/Watson relationship. I wanted to begin at the beginning, so stopped after about the third of the ?? stories in this collection and switched to A Study in Scarlet, which I had to download from the library at the Univ. of Adelaide (along with oodles of other Sherlock Holmes volumes not available at Amazon, although every one of them is out of copyright, so WTF? Amazon? Interestingly, less than a month after I snagged them all from my Aussie friends, Amazon began offering them all. WTF?)