lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Postman Always Rings Twice

The Postman Always Rings Twice - James M. Cain This is considered one of the great classics of hard-boiled or noire literature. I had read the author's Mildred Pierce last summer and thought it was quite good. This one, despite being considered Cain's masterpiece, is not nearly so good. It's a quick read, so probably well worth picking up. But the characters are all jerks and I can't figure out their basic motivations most of the time. Perhaps I'm just sheltered and naive.