lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Impetuous Mistress

The Impetuous Mistress - George Harmon Coxe Ah, this is another wonderful example of cheesy pulp fiction. I should probably give it 4*s, but I figure that 4* works should be more uplifting than entertaining throw-away fiction. Literature, this is not, but it is rather a good read.

A commercial artist gets into a fight with his estranged spouse over conditions for a divorce. He takes a whack at her, and then realizing he's in danger of completely losing it, he leaves the house and takes a long walk to cool off. When he gets back, he finds her strangled. Naturally, he's the prime suspect. So, he works to uncover the true culprit before the police arrest him and lock him up. He discovers that his estranged spouse has been getting a little on the side, so to speak. Obviously, one of her ex beaux is the most likely culprit. At least that's what the artist thinks. The quaint moral values of the 1950s shine through. Who, in our current day and age, would think a spot of adultery would be grounds for murder?