lgpiper

Tales from Moominvalley
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
Moominland Midwinter
Tove Jansson, Thomas Warburton
On The Beach (Vintage Classics)
Nevil Shute Norway
The Maltese Falcon
Dashiell Hammett
Obscure Destinies
Willa Cather
A Start in Life (The Michael Cullen Novels)
Alan Sillitoe
Mobilizing Web Sites: Strategies for Mobile Web Implementation
Kristofer Layon

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2) - C.S. Lewis I know my spouse read this book and its sequels to our kids multiple times. I probably did some reading as well. Parts of this book, especially the beginning parts, seemed quite familiar. Other parts not so much. Whatever, my spouse recently began lobbying me to re-read the Narnia series to myself. I think she got tired hearing about all the Victorian novels and 1930s pulp fiction I have been reading. And so, I've begun with the Chronicles of Narnia.

This is a great book for children. It's a book that should be read aloud to children. The style is in the form of a told story, with little asides and comments, a very charming approach. In about two years, my 2-year-old grandson, Anderson, will be old enough for this book. I think I'll kidnap him for a couple of weeks so I can read this book to him, a chapter or two each night. Otherwise, his parents will be reading it to him, which will be nice for them, but not nearly so much fun for me.